Blog about Flower

Discussion regarding our second commercial release, Flower on the PS3, PS4, and PS Vita.

Blog about Flower

Postby thatflOwerguy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:49 pm

http://coronajumper.blogspot.com/2010/1 ... -ciel.html

Here is a blog someone wrote about Flower, it's actually a really good review I think.
thatflOwerguy
Hardcore Fan

Postby BlackEssence » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:11 am

Oooo! Neato! I will surely give it a read. Flower is a very spiritual game for me. Its a game that I use to communicate with God and to admire his glory and the beauty he has blessed us with. So, I will surely read your blog! ^____^*
"You should be kissed and often! And by somebody who knows how...."---Rhett Butler (Gone With The Wind Movie)
BlackEssence

Postby thatflOwerguy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:06 pm

Thanks, but it's actually a blog by someone else I happen to be posting, I'm sure they appreciate the thanks though :) There is a comments section on there, so there is a good place to say so if you wish to.

I think of what you would term 'spirituality' in a different way, as I don't beleive in God at all. However, I see this game as a connection to nature, the evolution of nature into some wonderful things over millions of years. I mean in reality of course, the landscapes in this game was never in BETA stage for that long! :D
thatflOwerguy
Hardcore Fan

Postby Bolegium » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:55 am

I'll try not to be mean about this, but Flower as an form of communication with "God" is about as meaningful as communicating with Gandalf or Baphomet through the game. I think maybe the entity you really are communicating with might be the humanity of everyone from TGC that was imbued in Flower.

On topic: Critical Compilation is exactly that, lots of great links!

I actually found the above depository whilst trying to recollect the link for one of my personal favourite Flower "reviews" - a three article collection over a four-day period by Michael Abbot of Brainy Gamer.

Links the parts 1, 2, 3.
Bolegium

Postby thatflOwerguy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:32 am

Yet more interesting links, thank you :)
I think sometimes this game has had people spend more time talking about it than playing it, quite the feat!
thatflOwerguy
Hardcore Fan

Blog about Flower

Postby LaDiDa » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:07 pm

Guys, I just got the Dream trophy, (I nearly celebrated) and I looked at another flower, now I cant get the Dream Background back!!! What do I do????? :(
LaDiDa

Postby Gimlao » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:32 pm

The hidden background appears when you restart Flower from the PS3 menu. =)

By the way, I would like an hidden dream when we zoom at the center...

An infinite world, generated randomly...

Please ?.. ^^;
Gimlao

Postby thatflOwerguy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:38 pm

If you zoom in on any flower (whether you go into the level or not), you get the temporary background and music for that level, but yes the 'special' background can be gotten by simply resetting.

The special music is my favourite, it has all the best sounds of a summers day, without the hassle of going outside, or getting burnt.
thatflOwerguy
Hardcore Fan

Return to Flower