So it seems it will be impossible for me to ever play the ex

Discussion regarding our first commercial release, flOw PS3, PSP, PS4, PS Vita, and the old Flash/PC version.

So it seems it will be impossible for me to ever play the ex

Postby PacificCircle » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:16 am

Unless there is a patch that's released.

I've tried everything. From installing both before booting up flow etc. I cannot buy the bundle because a bundle doesn't seem to exist on the Europe store (unless there is one, I just cannot find it.)

http://www.yakboy.net/wp-content/upload ... UUUUUU.jpg
PacificCircle

Postby John » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:13 pm

Hi PacificCircle,

Sorry to hear this is giving you trouble, but I'm a little confused. The only show-stopping bug I was aware of with the expansion was related to the fact that people who downloaded the free version of flOw during the promotion weren't able to redownload it. It sounds like you are able to redownload and reinstall the original game, but the expansion still isn't working. Is this true? If so, is it possible that your copies of the game and the expansion are not from the same region (e.g. the game is from the US and the expansion is from Europe)?

John
oh nose!
PSN Name: BaffleCakes
John
TGC Core Member

Postby John » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:19 pm

Ah, I'm seeing some other reports of trouble with the European version of the game (it sounds like it's already patched to a version that's incompatible with the expansion). I'll pass this along to our producer at Sony. Since the issue seems to be with the version of the game sitting on Sony's servers, I don't think there's very much we at thatgamecompany can do directly, but, again, I'll send an email to make sure they know about it.

Sorry for the trouble!

John
oh nose!
John
TGC Core Member

Postby PacificCircle » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:26 am

John wrote:Hi PacificCircle,

Sorry to hear this is giving you trouble, but I'm a little confused. The only show-stopping bug I was aware of with the expansion was related to the fact that people who downloaded the free version of flOw during the promotion weren't able to redownload it. It sounds like you are able to redownload and reinstall the original game, but the expansion still isn't working. Is this true? If so, is it possible that your copies of the game and the expansion are not from the same region (e.g. the game is from the US and the expansion is from Europe)?

John

Nah, both the expansion and full game were purchased from the Europe store. But I've deadset tried everything possible that I can think of but the dlc will refuse to work.

Getting onto Sony would be great. Thanks for the help John.
PacificCircle

Postby John » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:39 am

Hi there,

So I just talked with Rusty (our Sony producer), and he was surprised to hear there were any problems with the European version, because to his knowledge, there haven't been any changes to the European package files in over a year. Of course, there's a lot of content on the PSN Store, and the European branch doesn't always tell the American branch about every little update they make (and vice versa), so it's still possible something happened recently. Rusty's going to get in touch with his counterpart in Europe to see if he can get to the bottom of this. In the meantime, I think the status is, we're pretty stumped as to why this is happening!

So, again, apologies for the trouble. Given our current understanding of the situation, it doesn't make sense why the European version would have trouble, but we're looking into it. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean we'll necessarily find an answer, but hopefully we will, and if we do, we'll let you know!

John
oh nose!
John
TGC Core Member

Postby IceP42 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:33 pm

Tx for the replies. Can't wait to hear some good news.
IceP42

Postby thatflOwerguy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:15 pm

I'm not going to buy the expansion pack until I hear that it will actually work, it's a shame because I want to support your company :(
thatflOwerguy
Hardcore Fan

Postby John » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:01 am

thatflOwerguy wrote:I'm not going to buy the expansion pack until I hear that it will actually work, it's a shame because I want to support your company :(

Yes, I would say definitely hold off until we hear back from Rusty! Also, even though you haven't purchased the expansion, we still feel your support :)
oh nose!
John
TGC Core Member

Postby PacificCircle » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:03 pm

If anyone manage to get the EUROPE version to somehow work, it would greatly appreciated. Thanks.
PacificCircle

Postby thatflOwerguy » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:42 pm

I have the full European version of the game, which was purchased when it cost money, so I am in the same boat as you, so to speak.

As for my 'support' I meant monetary support, I'm sure every little helps when you aren't a monolith company, like say Sony (i.e. the ones that would be able to fix it, but seemingly don't want to, for some very strange reason).

So yeah, when it arrises that some gets the European version to work, I'll be happy to buy the expansion too, but for now I'm not going to risk a possible waste of £2.39
thatflOwerguy
Hardcore Fan

Postby redbird » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:49 pm

So has the flow expansion been taken down from the eu ps store because I can't find it and I have tried everything...
redbird

Postby thatflOwerguy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:30 pm

redbird wrote:So has the flow expansion been taken down from the eu ps store because I can't find it and I have tried everything...

Same here buddy, you aren't alone sadly.
thatflOwerguy
Hardcore Fan

Postby redbird » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:30 pm

I hope they fix it soon.
redbird

Postby thatflOwerguy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:54 pm

It's Sony that need to fix it, so don't hold your breath on that one.

I imagine that if it WERE up to thatgamecompany, it would have been sorted long before now, strange that huh? You'd think that big business would have the staff to fix stuff like 24 hours a day, the amount they must make a year compaired to an independant games developer.
thatflOwerguy
Hardcore Fan

Postby thatflOwerguy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:52 am

He never did get back to me, if that's what you are asking, I just had to wait until Sony finaly decided to put up the addon pack (bare in mind that I had the payed for version of flOw, not the free one) and the pack seems to work fine.
I did email him a few times, but never got any reply, so all I can suggest is buying the pack, as it seemed to have been fixed once it came back into the PSN store.
thatflOwerguy
Hardcore Fan

Return to flOw