Unfinished game, finding out who you played with?

Discussions on our third PS3 game, Journey. What do you think of our latest game?

Unfinished game, finding out who you played with?

Postby mkl » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:56 am

Is it possible to find out who you played with after not finishing a journey?

I got stuck cause of a bug - the ribbons don't respond to me and won't transfer me to the next level, but until that point, I really bonded with a player. I'd like to find out his name and have flown around the area for almost an hour, but without the ability to finish my journey due to the bug.

Is there a way (through level selection or whatever) to find out his/her name at this point? Or will I never know cause of the bug?

Thanks in advance.
mkl

Postby najzere » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:02 pm

Unfortunately players you've met don't show up in the recently met list. I wish they would add that functionality as it makes messaging people you've met easier in general, even when you finish the journey normally.
najzere

Postby mkl » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:04 pm

Too bad.. This is a major downer considering this was only my second playthrough. I had all of the glyphs so far and really was really looking forward to thanking the player I explored all the areas with.

Thanks for your answer nonetheless.
mkl

Postby obliviondoll » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:12 pm

I played part of a game with one person, then got disconnected from PSN. I quit the game soon after, without finishing the playthrough. When I resumed the game and finished, without signing back into PSN, I had a person on my "companions met" screen.
----V^^^V----
obliviondoll

Postby mkl » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:52 pm

I tried through episode select, but can confirm that it didn't work. I managed to help out a first timer though. :)
mkl

Postby Amish_Gramish » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:31 pm

You have to get to the credit screen.
There it will show the last 8 people you played with since you last completed your journey.
PSN: Amish_Gramish
Aethes Music Store
No Logo LLC
Amish_Gramish
Community Manager

Postby mkl » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:31 pm

Amish_Gramish wrote:You have to get to the credit screen.
There it will show the last 8 people you played with since you last completed your journey.

The problem is, bugs like that one sometimes prevent you from getting there. I tried if it would work through the episode selection, but it only showed one person (the one that I met during the last episode).
mkl

Postby Sythron » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:53 pm

would be nice of them to add the names to players met, or making the "companions met" screen interactive so you can highlight the name and send message, add friend, view profile, block etc. and then have to select DONE to close the screen... even just making the screen stay until we press X or something would be an immense help.
Sythron

Postby Pheggos » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:44 pm

I'm curious: Is there any particular order on the Companions Met screen? As in, does it show your first companion first, ect? I was hoping it listed those who you spent the most time with first.
Pheggos

Postby Sythron » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:30 pm

far as I know, the only way is to remember what their symbols (when they chirp) are.
Sythron

Postby obliviondoll » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:33 am

mkl wrote:

The problem is, bugs like that one sometimes prevent you from getting there. I tried if it would work through the episode selection, but it only showed one person (the one that I met during the last episode).

Like I said, and like Amish_Gramish said, quit the game, resume (NOT start a new game or use chapter select), and when you finish, you should see the name.
----V^^^V----
obliviondoll

Postby arkangelyou » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:37 am

Call me stupid, but I find it difficult to make out capital letters and lower case letters in the companions met screen since everything is in caps..
El Psy Congroo
arkangelyou

Postby mkl » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:14 am

obliviondoll wrote:
mkl wrote:

Like I said, and like Amish_Gramish said, quit the game, resume (NOT start a new game or use chapter select), and when you finish, you should see the name.

Does that bring you to the start of the same episode then? Rather than continue from where you were ( ==stuck cause of a bug )?

obliviondoll wrote:like Amish_Gramish said, quit the game, resume (NOT start a new game or use chapter select), and when you finish, you should see the name.

Amish only said I need to get to the credits screen, didn't get any instructions how to deal with getting stuck. "Get to credits screen" could mean through episode selection mid-playthrough, a new playthrough or resume, of which 2 don't seem to work. :(

As for your earlier comment, I thought you meant resuming after a disconnect (net reconnecting itself), sorry for the misunderstanding, didn't know there was a resume function.
mkl

Postby Amish_Gramish » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:20 pm

I'm e-mailing the team about the specifics of this. From what I was told, it just lists the latest 8 people you played with. (Top is the first, bottom is the latest you met.)

Look forward to a full response soon!
PSN: Amish_Gramish
Aethes Music Store
No Logo LLC
Amish_Gramish
Community Manager

Postby John » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:08 pm

Sorry to the people who are succumbing to bugs before they can complete their journeys!

As a couple people have said, if you quit, relaunch the game and then select the "continue" option in the main menu, your companions met list will be preserved. When you select "continue" it places you at the start of the area, so it is a valid (if annoying) work-around for bugs like the one mkl experienced.

We consider choosing "chapter select" from the options menu as starting a new journey, so we clear the companions met list.

Now, the fact that we don't add people to the XMB recent players list after you finish the credits is just an oversight on our end. It might be a little while, but I'm pretty sure that's the kind of thing we can fix in a patch. We'll definitely give it a try, though, unfortunately, I can't promise this kind of thing with 100% certainty.
oh nose!
PSN Name: BaffleCakes
John
TGC Core Member

Next

Return to Journey