Hi everyone! :)

Greetings! New to the forums or the entire community in general? Let your presence be known here by introducing yourself.

Hi everyone! :)

Postby djenhancr » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:20 am

Good day everybody!

My name is Gabriel and I've been a huge fan of TGC's work since Flow was released on PSN. Once Flower came out, though, I fell in love all over again. Now, I patiently await Journey to be released so I can, once again, experience poetry in motion.

So, a little about me. I'm from New Jersey, but recently moved to Northern California to start new chapters in my life. Becoming a part of this TGC will, hopefully, be one of them. I've been a huge gamer since I held my first Atari 2600 controller. It was a good time to be a kid. Even better, now, as a young adult.

Anyway, without boring you any further, hi! ;)
djenhancr

Postby Magnum » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:16 am

Ahh . . . It is a good day, isn't it? Nice to have you! I actually just moved to New Jersey from Texas last Summer. I'll be attending Drexel University in the fall though, so at some point I'll be moving over to Philly.
"Magnum the almost omnivorous, one very hungry sandwich troll."
Magnum
Veteran

Postby thatflOwerguy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:39 am

Heya, welcome to the forums 8)

I ask this to most new members, just because I am nosy more than anything else, but does 'djenhancr' mean anything, or is it just.... random? :P
thatflOwerguy
Hardcore Fan

Postby Amish_Gramish » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:10 pm

thatflOwerguy wrote:Heya, welcome to the forums 8)

I ask this to most new members, just because I am nosy more than anything else, but does 'djenhancr' mean anything, or is it just.... random? :P

Welcome to the Forums!

(And I think it stands for DJ Enhancer)

EDIT:
(Or: Does Janice Eat Nine Hancers And Need Creative Reads)
Amish_Gramish
Community Manager

Postby obliviondoll » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:12 pm

Hello and welcome, and thanks for the greeting on my intro. As you've probably noticed, I was the new guy until you showed up. Congrats on winning that dubious honour from me.
----V^^^V----
obliviondoll

Postby djenhancr » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:39 pm

You are all too funny. :)

Yes, DJ Enhancr (it's meant to be spelled that way cause I thought I was being "different") is actually my DJ name back in my Nightclub days. 16 yr. veteran DJ that played Trance & House (light & hard sounds). I really appreciate you asking that. :)

Obliviondoll (awesome name!), I'm glad to have helped. lol Very cool to meet you!

Magnum, that's awesome! My cousin went to Drexel for a long time. That's a pretty fun university. Philly, itself, is a great place. Philly Cheese Steaks...*Homer drool*
djenhancr

Postby thatflOwerguy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:43 pm

I honestly want to try a Philly cheese steak, and have done for a number of years.

The best tip I picked up about whether to tell if it's a real Philly one or not (From 'The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air' of all places), if they give it to you wrapped in a non-see-through paper bag, and you can't see it through the bag, it's not a proper one.
thatflOwerguy
Hardcore Fan

Postby djenhancr » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:45 pm

HA! Absolutely!

Pat's Steaks & Ginos (I think that's the competitor directly across the street) are the places to go. And, honestly, if you're not sure, eat two. ;)

thatflOwerguy wrote:I honestly want to try a Philly cheese steak, and have done for a number of years.

The best tip I picked up about whether to tell if it's a real Philly one or not, if they give it to you wrapped in a non-see-through paper bag, and you can't see it through the bag, it's not a proper one.
djenhancr

Postby thatflOwerguy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:44 pm

If I ever come to America, I want to try stuff like that.
We have a 'Food' TV channel (station) over here, with all sorts of American hosted food shows, which mostly consist of an overly enthusiastic chubby American host, going to different resturants and eating the HUGE speciality meals that they have in various cities. (I'll have to find out what the particular show I am thinking of, is called though)
He had a Philly cheese steak thing, but it was bigger than my head!

Best job ever :lol:
thatflOwerguy
Hardcore Fan

Postby djenhancr » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:05 pm

Man vs Food.

Has to be.

AMAZING show!

Never trust a skinny guy who frequents restaurants. They must have thickness. :) Or else, it just illogical. lol
djenhancr

Postby thatflOwerguy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:11 pm

I have seen Man vs Food, and looked it up :D but now I have looked it up, I know the show I saw was called 'Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives' and has Guy Fieri as the presenter that I was thinking of.
My mum also says a version of that, 'Never trust a skinny chef'.

Being in the U.K. I have no idea who most of the people even are, but yeah that's the one 8)
thatflOwerguy
Hardcore Fan

Postby djenhancr » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:22 pm

YES! Another great show!

I could do without Guy though. His hair frightens me. lol
djenhancr

Postby thatflOwerguy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:53 pm

Good shows for sure, but I always feel like I am less and less likely to actually eat any of it, which TOTALLY brings to mind a thing from Dylan Moran:

About 1:03 onwards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncZOFI-MUEw

Particularly the "Eating bread from the bag...." line, wont spoil it, but I can remember the wording of that whole bit, just off the top of my head :D
thatflOwerguy
Hardcore Fan

Postby djenhancr » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:36 am

OMG!! ROFL! That's hilarious!!! I've never heard of this guy!

Good look on this!!!
djenhancr

Postby thatflOwerguy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:32 am

Ha no worries :lol: Pretty much everything that happens to me daily, I can trace to a moment in a comedy act, or reference something, I am such a comedy geek :D

He has a couple of Live stand up DVDs out, also look out for a programme called 'Black Books' on DVD (there are 3 series of it), he owns a book shop, but doesn't want to.
Very similar in comedy style, you should love it :D It's a strange one, as it's just comedians in it, but is seriously funny (look out for Bill Bailey in there too, another great stand up, also with DVDs out, which I also own all of!)

I've always prefered people who just talk, and are funny, rather than people who tell actual jokes, perfect example of that would be Karl Pilkington, who might be the funniest man ever (in my opinion anyway).

Just re-read over this post, sorry I kind of rambled a bit, it's just a passion of mine :P
thatflOwerguy
Hardcore Fan

Next

Return to Greetings!