Bandcamp

Discussion regarding our second commercial release, Flower on the PS3, PS4, and PS Vita.

Bandcamp

Postby Gimlao » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:34 pm

Will we see the Flower Soundtrack on Bandcamp ?

Same question for the Journey Soundtrack, by the way.

I'd like to click here and see that the link is working, one day... =p
Last edited by Gimlao on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Gimlao
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:06 pm
Location: Le Havre, France

Postby Amish_Gramish » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:14 pm

No to both.

Sony owns the copyrights to the music, so they are only releasing them on the PSN to make sure they get a higher percentage of sales and make sure people buy PS3s to buy the music.

Yeah, doesn't make much sense in order to make the most money.
User avatar
Amish_Gramish
Community Manager
 
Posts: 3166
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:34 pm
Location: Moorhead, MN

Postby thatflOwerguy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:25 am

This one time, at bandcamp.....

No but seriously, in this context what is bandcamp anyhow? Forgive me for not knowing wont you :D
Last edited by thatflOwerguy on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
thatflOwerguy
Hardcore Fan
 
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:38 am
Location: The Windmill Valley

Postby Gimlao » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:09 am

On Bandcamp, we can buy/listen many soundtracks of independents games, such as Minecraft, for example.
User avatar
Gimlao
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:06 pm
Location: Le Havre, France

Postby Amish_Gramish » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:45 am

Gimlao wrote:On Bandcamp, we can buy/listen many soundtracks of independents games, such as Minecraft, for example.


This, and it's more so like a private store for each individual band/artist. It's like a more open iTunes, in that you don't need to download a program and wait for it to update before you can buy any music. (That is, as long as you keep your web browser updated.) :P

It also lets bands have the site be more in their artistic style, so it's not the same exact experience for every song, a la iTunes.
User avatar
Amish_Gramish
Community Manager
 
Posts: 3166
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:34 pm
Location: Moorhead, MN

Postby Monk » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:35 am

Amish_Gramish wrote:No to both.

Sony owns the copyrights to the music, so they are only releasing them on the PSN to make sure they get a higher percentage of sales and make sure people buy PS3s to buy the music.

Yeah, doesn't make much sense in order to make the most money.


So will there be a Journey OST on the playstation store soon then? :)
Monk
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:59 am
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Amish_Gramish » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:04 am

Monk wrote:So will there be a Journey OST on the playstation store soon then? :)


Yes! Soon, but we can't say for sure when. All sorts of things have to be worked out before the soundtrack can be released.
User avatar
Amish_Gramish
Community Manager
 
Posts: 3166
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:34 pm
Location: Moorhead, MN

Re: Bandcamp

Postby themrcul » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:30 am

Hi Amish_Gramish!
I too am very interested in some way of legally obtaining the Journey soundtrack in a lossless format.
Your initial response was 'no' to bandcamp because Sony want to sell it only on the Playstation Store, but now Journey OST is available on the iTunes store (unfortunately in a lossy format).
Since it is now sold on iTunes in addition to the Playstation Store, has the door opened for the possibility of it being sold on bandcamp as well?
That would make my wildest dreams come true.
Thanks for your time!
themrcul
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:26 am

Re: Bandcamp

Postby Amish_Gramish » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:33 am

themrcul wrote:Hi Amish_Gramish!
I too am very interested in some way of legally obtaining the Journey soundtrack in a lossless format.
Your initial response was 'no' to bandcamp because Sony want to sell it only on the Playstation Store, but now Journey OST is available on the iTunes store (unfortunately in a lossy format).
Since it is now sold on iTunes in addition to the Playstation Store, has the door opened for the possibility of it being sold on bandcamp as well?
That would make my wildest dreams come true.
Thanks for your time!


The Journey soundtrack was being sold on iTunes before it was sold on the PS Store.

The only way you'll be able to get it Lossless is if you buy the CD.

The Journey soundtrack was actually one of the very first Sony video game soundtracks sold on iTunes.

And I've talked with people very high up in video game music, specifically deciding where the music is sold and at what bitrates.
According to them, people like you and me don't exist. When inquiring about lossless video game soundtracks, one executive told me, "No one cares."

(I have to note that I am not saying which companies I've talked to.)
User avatar
Amish_Gramish
Community Manager
 
Posts: 3166
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:34 pm
Location: Moorhead, MN

Re: Bandcamp

Postby themrcul » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:51 am

Hi Amish,
Thank you so much for your reply.
I've only purchased Journey two weeks ago, (and loved every minute of it), so I'm reasonably new to the loop, but how would I obtain the soundtrack CD? A quick google found me no results... Is it going to be released down the track?
themrcul
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:26 am

Re: Bandcamp

Postby Amish_Gramish » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:05 am

themrcul wrote:Hi Amish,
Thank you so much for your reply.
I've only purchased Journey two weeks ago, (and loved every minute of it), so I'm reasonably new to the loop, but how would I obtain the soundtrack CD? A quick google found me no results... Is it going to be released down the track?


It was supposed to come out on August 21st.
It's still being worked on, but I'll announce when it will be available here and on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
User avatar
Amish_Gramish
Community Manager
 
Posts: 3166
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:34 pm
Location: Moorhead, MN

Re: Bandcamp

Postby themrcul » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:57 am

Thanks Amish!
That's great to know - a CD will be just as good as bandcamp.
Upon release, I will be first in line.
themrcul
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:26 am

Re: Bandcamp

Postby Amish_Gramish » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:35 pm

themrcul wrote:Thanks Amish!
That's great to know - a CD will be just as good as bandcamp.
Upon release, I will be first in line.


Check it, check it:
CD:
http://store.thatgamecompany.com/en/cds ... order.html
Women's Shirt Bundle:
http://store.thatgamecompany.com/en/bun ... undle.html
Men's Shirt Bundle:
http://store.thatgamecompany.com/en/bun ... undle.html
User avatar
Amish_Gramish
Community Manager
 
Posts: 3166
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:34 pm
Location: Moorhead, MN


Return to Flower

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest