A Clothite Cosplay...

Discussions on our third PS3 game, Journey. What do you think of our latest game?

A Clothite Cosplay...

Postby yokaiy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:21 pm

More Here

Um, hi. I'm a bit new to the forums (like, 5 minutes ago new, aha...), so I'd like to first say nice to meet you all! I've been looking forward to Journey since the first time I saw the trailer, and in my excitement, I decided to go ahead and cosplay the character. To the best of my abilities, at the very least. I couldn't get the white-eyes to work while still being able to see, for example, so... I also don't have access to a desert in which to take pictures, haha.

I finished the cosplay, coincidentally enough, the day that Journey was announced as being finished. I then waited for Katsucon to roll around so I could get good pictures, and then promptly lost all nerves I had about posting it here... v_v Finally, I persuaded myself to just go and post them, since the release date is nearly upon us.

So, in short, I hope you all like it. I only posted the one here, but if you click the link below that picture, it should take you to the album with the rest of them. They're not professional pictures, though, so I hope you can excuse the quality a bit. I like how they turned out though.
yokaiy

Postby thatflOwerguy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:09 pm

LOVE IT! :mrgreen:

Not only is it a great costume, but you are the only person, other than myself, ever to call them clothites (as far as I am aware), something I made up is catching on, yay me :lol:

You do appear to be outside in all the pictures, did you get any funny looks? Assuming you can see out of that thing.

Also, welcome!
thatflOwerguy
Hardcore Fan

Postby Bolegium » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:07 am

Wow, that looks great! It's a shame the glowy-eyes couldn't be worked into the costume though, maybe moving the eye holes to a different place and painting white dots for the eyes would work?
Bolegium

Postby LizLansdown » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:43 am

That's amazing! :D

It is a shame you couldn't get the eyes to work, my sister had the same problem when dressing up as a Poe from Ocarina.

In the end she used an LED light strip curved into the right shape over some reflective material and then had a thinner section of black veil to see out of. Although the effect was only impressive in dim light, glowing eyes are the hardest!
PSN: Drakena
LizLansdown

Postby yokaiy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:43 am

@thatflOwerguy
Thank you very much!

Yeah I was browsing the forums before I joined and saw you calling them that. It sounded cute so I used it. : x Before then I'd been calling them Journeymen.

I got a LOT of really weird looks, actually, it was amazing. Like, imagine people decked out in full anime-cosplay costumes, giving me strange looks. It was sort of hilarious. But the best part was that some people did actually recognize the costume, which made me really happy. I can see out of it fairly well, actually, but it does limit my vision, as well as makes it pretty hard to talk, aha...

@Bolegium
Thanks! Yeah, I had it so there was white cloth inside while I was testing it, but then that made it really hard to see. I'm gonna try to figure something out for the eyes before the next time I wear it, but we'll see how that goes.

@LizLansdown
Thank you!

Ohh, that sounds really neat. I'll have to see what I can do, it was sad that the eyes were the only part I couldn't get to look how I wanted them. I might give that LED thing a try, if I can figure it out.
yokaiy

Postby Amish_Gramish » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:03 am

That's awesome! Thanks for posting it! (I apparently missed your post when reading this weekend.)

Anyways, I'll be sending this to the team!
Amish_Gramish
Community Manager

Postby Celestial B » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:24 pm

Very creative yokaiy! I like the photos with the twisty topiaries and the glass with all the reflections....makes the environment sort of dream scapey. :)
Weeds are plants whose virtue is yet to be discovered.
Celestial B

Postby obliviondoll » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:28 pm

Been meaning to look more closely at this since I showed up here.

Very glad I finally did. That's really well done.
----V^^^V----
obliviondoll

Postby yokaiy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:31 pm

@Amish
Thank you so much! I feel honored. I hope everyone likes it. : )

I wish I could show it off in person, but... I'm on the east coast, unfortunately.

@Celestial
Thanks! I wish I'd had some sort of desert-y thing to work with, though. There's just too much water and green near the bay. : P

@oblivion
Thanks a lot! : )
yokaiy

Postby Amish_Gramish » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:08 pm

yokaiy wrote:@Amish
Thank you so much! I feel honored. I hope everyone likes it. : )

I wish I could show it off in person, but... I'm on the east coast, unfortunately

Wait...
Do you live in/near D.C.?

We're headed there next week.
Amish_Gramish
Community Manager

Postby yokaiy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:56 pm

... Really? O :

I'm close enough, yeah. I live in Baltimore, so it's not that far.

Oh, the Smithsonian games exhibit starts next week! I forgot about that for a bit there. I saw that Flower was being presented as one of the games, congratulations! I haven't checked the schedule out for it too much yet, but I was planning on going at least one of the days. If you guys are gonna be there, I'd love to meet you all!
yokaiy

Postby TheAsterite » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:13 am

Hello, I'm the person that photographed yokaiy's cosplay.

We're both from UMBC, and in our university's game developer's club, which is probably like an hour or two away from D.C. I just saw that some of the devs were speaking in D.C. next week. We're definitely going to down there to meet you. :)
TheAsterite

Postby thatflOwerguy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:08 am

Seems other forums are calling them 'Clothmen', which (without blowing my own trumpet) is kind of a crappy name compaired to 'Clothite'.

We should have a vote on that, or maybe it doesn't matter? Oh well.
thatflOwerguy
Hardcore Fan

Postby Amish_Gramish » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:38 am

thatflOwerguy wrote:Seems other forums are calling them 'Clothmen', which (without blowing my own trumpet) is kind of a crappy name compaired to 'Clothite'.

We should have a vote on that, or maybe it doesn't matter? Oh well.

Journeyer.
Amish_Gramish
Community Manager

Postby thatflOwerguy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:12 am

Yeah but I see it like this:

Journeyer - Clothites
Human - Homo Sapiens

It's a colloqiual term for a singular member of a race, and then the name of the actual species as a whole.
thatflOwerguy
Hardcore Fan

Next

Return to Journey