creatures of flow

Discussion regarding our first commercial release, flOw PS3, PSP, PS4, PS Vita, and the old Flash/PC version.

creatures of flow

Postby sunburned » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:31 am

I apologize in advance I have alot of questions about flow. Love this game how many creatures can you change into? What causes the changes? Gosh I wish there was a print guide with pictures and info in it. I guess I have never gotton to boss if the screen is black when you get to that level. How many screens does it take to get to the boss? I thought the game saved your spot but everytime I start I am back at the beginning creature. Thanks for the forum
sunburned

Postby thatflOwerguy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:37 pm

Seems non-spammish enough to be a real first post :P

I'll see if I can answer all your points:

1) O.K. well you get 7 creatures (that includes the credit snake, and the expansion creature).
2) One creature per level (unless you grab a second controller, and use a different one for that particular level (a common way to make some of the trophies easier).
3) Completing a level unlocks the next level, and therefor the next creature.
4) Every creatures level has 16 'layer' screens, except the credit snake's level.
5) If you are exiting the game fully, the only thing that is saved is how many creatures you have unlocked, so finish a level to 'save' any progress. However trophies can be unlocked mid-level and at any time.

Hope that helps, feel free to ask anything else.
thatflOwerguy
Hardcore Fan

Postby Amish_Gramish » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:19 pm

The boss of each creature is about 3/4ths the way through each level.

Also, when you exit the game, it starts you out as the last creature you chose/the creature you just unlocked.
Amish_Gramish
Community Manager

thanks

Postby sunburned » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:03 pm

So does the desktop version play differently than the ps3 I read someone allowing food to respawn? thanks so much all your help.
sunburned

Postby thatflOwerguy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:25 pm

I think the PC version was a prototype for the PS3 version, right? (someone correct me if wrong), it doesn't have anywhere near as much stuff in it for example.

Plus it seemed to me at least, to be a LOT harder on PC.
thatflOwerguy
Hardcore Fan

Re: thanks

Postby Amish_Gramish » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:22 am

sunburned wrote:So does the desktop version play differently than the ps3 I read someone allowing food to respawn? thanks so much all your help.

The PC version is pretty much the same as the PS3/PSP version, but as it was part of Jenova's thesis, it wasn't a true "finished" game. If the PC version was harder than the PS3 version, urnotdoinitrite.

(The Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment stuff pretty much takes care of difficulty.)

And I don't think food could respawn in the PC version.
Amish_Gramish
Community Manager

Return to flOw