Pls HELP me team TGC...

Due to the freezing of the old forum of our former student game Cloud. This section is devoted to the Cloud lovers and new comers.

Pls HELP me team TGC...

Postby Emman88 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:30 am

Hi i'm Emman from the Philippines i'm an info. comm. tech. student here...

i already installed the CLOUD game on my PC and i really excited to play the game, but the sad part is... it is very slow...

i really want to play it... i've watched the trailer and i fell in love with the OST that's why i'm very very badly need to play it! i've done everything.. download the latest DirectX and NVIDIA Driver but nothing's change.

here's my PC's spec:

Pentuim(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
512MB of ram
Direct X version: DirectX 9
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000

if i miss some important details to solve my prob just tell me!

hope i can play the game soon.. thanks in advanced! HAve a great day everyday... and keep up the good work.. hope to be lyk you guys someday..
i want to create games like yours!

ciao.
"The Forbidden Fruit Tastes The Sweetest"
Emman88

Postby John » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:06 am

Hi Emman,

How slowly is it running? The GeForce4 MX is an older card, so the game probably won't run at a full 60 frames per second, or anything, but it should still be playable. If it's running really reallllly slowly (like one frame every couple seconds), then you might have drivers that don't support OpenGL. You could solve that by searching for drivers that specifically say they support OpenGL.
oh nose!
PSN Name: BaffleCakes
John
TGC Core Member

Thank you

Postby Emman88 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:59 pm

hello John,

i can now play CLOUD... i just download the NVIDIA GeFore4 MX 4000 latest driver, i on the Dream 3 (stage3) of the game.. and i really enjoy it... thanks for this game.. hope u can make this to PSP...

thanks again
Emman88

stiill have problems

Postby Emman88 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:03 pm

John...

i saw the video of cloud on this website and i see that it moves very smooth and fast... as i said i can now play cloud here at my comp. but it is not that fast... can i ask help on wat driver to download for my Geforce4 MX 4000.... the reason that i can play it now it is because i download the latest NVIDIA 93.71_forceware... but still i'm not contented... pls help...
Emman88

Postby John » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:34 am

Hi Emman,

If the game is running at playable framerates, it's unlikely that upgrading the drivers will do much good. There's simply a limit to what the Geforce4 MX can do. However, you can try changing the game's resolution to boost the framerate. In the same folder as Cloud.exe, you should be able to find a file called Bios.txt. Open that up with notepad and find the lines that say:

ScreenWidth: 1024
ScreenHeight: 768

Try setting the height and width to 800 x 600 or 640 x 480. The image quality won't be quite as high, but the game should run a little faster.

Hope this helps!
oh nose!
PSN Name: BaffleCakes
John
TGC Core Member

Genuis...

Postby Emman88 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:38 am

Thank you very much JOHN,

its ok now... the image quality is still fine and the game became smooth, i just do wat u ask me to do.. i change it on 800x600 resolution... tada... great performance

thank you again..

how i wish that i can make a great game like CLOUD someday...

and JOHN ur my master from now on.. hahaha...
Emman88

Return to Cloud