flOw PSP

Discussion regarding our first commercial release, flOw PS3, PSP, PS4, PS Vita, and the old Flash/PC version.

flOw PSP

Postby Belaboy.flOw. » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:31 pm

I guess we can use this as a thread for all topics regarding the PSP version until it is added to forums if you want.But anyways this will be my first time to actually play this version of flOw!Im so excitited!Well I Know it isn't going to be the same as the PS3 version but at least I get to play it.But anyways THANK YOU SO MUCH TGC AND SUPERVILLAN STUDIOS FOR MAKING THIS COME TRUE!!!
I LIKE JUICE!!!
Belaboy.flOw.

Re: flOw PSP

Postby Ar-Pharazon » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:13 am

Belaboy.flOw. wrote:I guess we can use this as a thread for all topics regarding the PSP version until it is added to forums if you want.

Seems to me one forum for all of flOw is sufficient. This is already the de facto place to discuss all three versions, including Flash.

Belaboy.flOw. wrote:But anyways this will be my first time to actually play this version of flOw!Im so excitited!Well I Know it isn't going to be the same as the PS3 version but at least I get to play it.

Sure, the PSP isn't a PS3, but I think we did all right. I hope you'll find it a step up from the flash version, at least! ;)

Belaboy.flOw. wrote:But anyways THANK YOU SO MUCH TGC AND SUPERVILLAN STUDIOS FOR MAKING THIS COME TRUE!!!

As the self-appointed representative of SVS on these forums, I say: it was our pleasure and privilege! We hope you'll enjoy it!
Ar-Pharazon
Veteran

Postby Belaboy.flOw. » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:15 pm

Thanks.You don't know how long Ive wanted this to happen(not the only one).B4 I joined the froums I wanted on PSP.Thats why joined teh forums to find out more about this beautiful game.So once again,THANK U!!!
I LIKE JUICE!!!
Belaboy.flOw.

Postby Amish_Gramish » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:47 pm

Oh yeah Belaboy.flOw., I wanted flOw on the PSP before it was even made! (LQTM)
And it seems that if it weren't for these forums, flOw PSP may not have ever been made, because a bunch of us have been egging TGC and Sony on to make it on the PSP or make a Remote Play feature in the PS3 version.
Amish_Gramish
Community Manager

Postby Belaboy.flOw. » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:49 pm

Amish_Gramish wrote:Oh yeah Belaboy.flOw., I wanted flOw on the PSP before it was even made! (LQTM)
And it seems that if it weren't for these forums, flOw PSP may not have ever been made, because a bunch of us have been egging TGC and Sony on to make it on the PSP or make a Remote Play feature in the PS3 version.
BTW I said in my post "not the only one".Hehe.But that is so true.Obiously the forums inspired all this to happen.
I LIKE JUICE!!!
Belaboy.flOw.

Postby Belaboy.flOw. » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:58 pm

Also just another q...do you know the exact pricing of the game? Is it $5-8?
I LIKE JUICE!!!
Belaboy.flOw.

Postby Ar-Pharazon » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:33 pm

Belaboy.flOw. wrote:Also just another q...do you know the exact pricing of the game? Is it $5-8?

Sorry, no. That was easily the most popular question on the PlayStation blog, though. :) http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/02/ ... -the-flow/

We just developed it; it's up to Sony to set a price and sell it. You'd think that the price of the PS3 game would be an upper limit on the price of the PSP game, but even that is pure speculation.
Ar-Pharazon
Veteran

Postby Belaboy.flOw. » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:35 pm

Ar-Pharazon wrote:
Belaboy.flOw. wrote:Also just another q...do you know the exact pricing of the game? Is it $5-8?

Sorry, no. That was easily the most popular question on the PlayStation blog, though. :) http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/02/ ... -the-flow/

We just developed it; it's up to Sony to set a price and sell it. You'd think that the price of the PS3 game would be an upper limit on the price of the PSP game, but even that is pure speculation.

Yah,I read the PSBlog today and say alot of those questions.But you shouldn't expect it to be higher than the PS3 one right?
I LIKE JUICE!!!
Belaboy.flOw.

Postby Ar-Pharazon » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:36 pm

Belaboy.flOw. wrote:Yah,I read the PSBlog today and say alot of those questions.But you shouldn't expect it to be higher than the PS3 one right?

Right. That's why I said "upper limit". ;)
Ar-Pharazon
Veteran

Postby Belaboy.flOw. » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:38 pm

Ar-Pharazon wrote:
Belaboy.flOw. wrote:Yah,I read the PSBlog today and say alot of those questions.But you shouldn't expect it to be higher than the PS3 one right?

Right. That's why I said "upper limit". ;)

Opps didn't really catch that.Also how will the Ad-hoc thing work to play multiplayer.
I LIKE JUICE!!!
Belaboy.flOw.

Postby Ar-Pharazon » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:50 pm

Belaboy.flOw. wrote:Also how will the Ad-hoc thing work to play multiplayer.

Everyone turns on their WLAN switches. First player enters the Campaign Select screen (the one with the various creature egg/fetus pod thingies on it) and waits. Subsequent players (up to 3 more) enter the Campaign Select screen. They should begin to see each other onscreen at this point. The first guy in is the Host... everyone else should appear "ghosted". The Host is the only one who can select a creature and start the campaign (that's why the Joiners are ghosted). Once the Host eats the red food to start the campaign, everyone is unghosted and can eat normally.

The PSP version's multiplayer differs from PS3's in that you are not locked to the same screen. You can wander about the level independently, but you are still all locked to the same level. Once one player eats a red or blue food, everyone changes level together.

If for some reason you didn't want to be in multiplayer (accidental join in a public place? host is acting like a doofus and won't start the game?), then you can always turn off the WLAN switch and you're back in single player. You can keep playing right where you were, even mid-campaign.

The only place you can enter multiplayer is the Campaign Select screen.
Ar-Pharazon
Veteran

Postby Belaboy.flOw. » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:54 pm

Ar-Pharazon wrote:
Belaboy.flOw. wrote:Also how will the Ad-hoc thing work to play multiplayer.

Everyone turns on their WLAN switches. First player enters the Campaign Select screen (the one with the various creature egg/fetus pod thingies on it) and waits. Subsequent players (up to 3 more) enter the Campaign Select screen. They should begin to see each other onscreen at this point. The first guy in is the Host... everyone else should appear "ghosted". The Host is the only one who can select a creature and start the campaign (that's why the Joiners are ghosted). Once the Host eats the red food to start the campaign, everyone is unghosted and can eat normally.

The PSP version's multiplayer differs from PS3's in that you are not locked to the same screen. You can wander about the level independently, but you are still all locked to the same level. Once one player eats a red or blue food, everyone changes level together.

If for some reason you didn't want to be in multiplayer (accidental join in a public place? host is acting like a doofus and won't start the game?), then you can always turn off the WLAN switch and you're back in single player. You can keep playing right where you were, even mid-campaign.

The only place you can enter multiplayer is the Campaign Select screen.
Wow that's pretty intersting.So no choose 2 diffrent characters in multiplayer.
I LIKE JUICE!!!
Belaboy.flOw.

Postby Ar-Pharazon » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:01 pm

Belaboy.flOw. wrote:Wow that's pretty intersting.So no choose 2 diffrent characters in multiplayer.

Afraid not, no. That's a feature of the Expansion to the PS3 game, none of which is included in flOw PS3 (sorry about that).

Also, to be clear, flOw PS3 lets you join a multiplayer game at any time, but flOw PSP requires you to meet at the Campaign Select screen first. That was necessary in order to synchronize state between all the players' machines... everyone needs to start the campaign together, with a clean slate, so the game can then play out the same on everyone's machine.
Ar-Pharazon
Veteran

Postby Belaboy.flOw. » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:16 pm

Ar-Pharazon wrote:
Belaboy.flOw. wrote:Wow that's pretty intersting.So no choose 2 diffrent characters in multiplayer.

Afraid not, no. That's a feature of the Expansion to the PS3 game, none of which is included in flOw PS3 (sorry about that).

Also, to be clear, flOw PS3 lets you join a multiplayer game at any time, but flOw PSP requires you to meet at the Campaign Select screen first. That was necessary in order to synchronize state between all the players' machines... everyone needs to start the campaign together, with a clean slate, so the game can then play out the same on everyone's machine.
Thats alright.The good thing is that you could still play with others :D
I LIKE JUICE!!!
Belaboy.flOw.

Return to flOw