Official Bug Thread - POST BUGS HERE

Discussions on our third PS3 game, Journey. What do you think of our latest game?

Postby Belcaw » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:32 pm

Binarynova wrote:Thought I'd post a video of a bug I encountered. After riding a cloth creature it dropped me off, but I landed under the sand and could not get out. I had to use the XMB to quit because I couldn't pause with the start button.

I apologize for the quality, it was taken with my iPhone 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmz7Fc4wWmY

The exact same thing happened to me in the exact same spot. I also took a video with my iPhone, but I don't think it would help to post it, since it's just 2 minutes of the same thing you posted.
- belcaw
Belcaw

Postby aisute~ » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:34 am

gamegloss wrote:I've come across two bugs so far, neither of them game-breaking.

1) Getting stuck in the sand whilst riding a cloth creature in the third level ( with the pink sand ). I managed to get off after about a minute or so.

I came across this one yesterday~ it was really amusing at fist, but I couldn't get off, so had to restart the game : /
~the soul in me sees the sol in you~
aisute~

Postby sakredchao » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:13 pm

i had a pretty funny thing happen today. after the desert tower releases the dolphins my partners image stayed in the meditating position. the meditating figure floated down the stairs and hopped on the dolphin waiting for it.
sakredchao
Hardcore Fan

Postby McFlyGold » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:03 am

I just signed up for the forums to report this crazy bug that just happened to me.

I've been playing Journey for a few hours this morning and decided to change from my white cloak to the red one when this happened. I'm sure it's a bug, but I don't know what I did to make it happen.

https://p.twimg.com/ApZ_9u2CQAEWV_c.jpg:large
McFlyGold

Postby sakredchao » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:55 am

McFlyGold wrote:I just signed up for the forums to report this crazy bug that just happened to me.

those may not be bugs, but pixies.
sakredchao
Hardcore Fan

Postby Klowny » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:28 am

McFlyGold wrote:I just signed up for the forums to report this crazy bug that just happened to me.

I've been playing Journey for a few hours this morning and decided to change from my white cloak to the red one when this happened. I'm sure it's a bug, but I don't know what I did to make it happen.

Let me guess? April Fools, right?
Klowny
Legend

Postby McFlyGold » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:55 am

sakredchao wrote:
those may not be bugs, but pixies.

Lol... you mean my wife's fairy figurines? Yeah, she loves those things!

Klowny wrote:Let me guess? April Fools, right?

*Sigh* I forgot about that. Well it's an April Fools on me then, because I don't know how it happened. I did take another pic before I stopped playing.
https://p.twimg.com/ApabBNeCAAASyFD.jpg:large

If it happens again, I'll be sure to take more pics!
McFlyGold

Postby Klowny » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:53 am

McFlyGold wrote:If it happens again, I'll be sure to take more pics!

I'm not even sure what you're referring to. I see nothing untoward in the second pic at all.

In the first picture, there are some napkins fluttering around your scarf. Your scarf is also way too long for that area, which is what made me think your pic is a fake and your post an April Fool's Day prank (unless the impossible for that area scarf length is the bug to which you're alluding).
Klowny
Legend

Postby McFlyGold » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:08 pm

Klowny wrote:I'm not even sure what you're referring to. I see nothing untoward in the second pic at all.

In the first picture, there are some napkins fluttering around your scarf. Your scarf is also way too long for that area, which is what made me think your pic is a fake and your post an April Fool's Day prank (unless the impossible for that area scarf length is the bug to which you're alluding).

Hehehe... the "napkins" that you're talking about in the first picture are not around my scarf or me... they're off in the distance down closer towards the structure. (I never thought of calling them "napkins" just floating scarfs.)

As for the length of my scarf, that was the length it grew to when I stepped in the cloak changing spot. Also, no matter how many pieces I collected, it never changed it's length. I would get the animation as though I collected another piece, but it always stayed the same!

I played again, but this time I just turned white. So I'm really not sure how it happened?
McFlyGold

Postby Klowny » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:18 pm

McFlyGold wrote: (I never thought of calling them "napkins" just floating scarfs.)

No one can agree (least of all me) on the nomenclature to use for the various inhabitants of Journey. The developers have there own unofficial official names, and there are as many other names as there are players. I called them napkins just now but I usually refer to those particular entities as Floating/Flying/Fluttering Floss. :)

McFlyGold wrote:As for the length of my scarf, that was the length it grew to when I stepped in the cloak changing spot. Also, no matter how many pieces I collected, it never changed it's length. I would get the animation as though I collected another piece, but it always stayed the same!

I played again, but this time I just turned white. So I'm really not sure how it happened?

Okay, so it is the long scarf that's the bug. Glad we finally cleared that up.

PS. It IS April 1st and I STILL think you're yankin' my scarf! ;)
Klowny
Legend

Postby fayenatic » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:54 am

the bug McFlyGold is referring to is probably his black cloak.
fayenatic

Postby McFlyGold » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:20 pm

fayenatic wrote:the bug McFlyGold is referring to is probably his black cloak.

Yes, that and the scarf not getting any longer no matter how many pieces I'd collect.
McFlyGold

low resolution

Postby yazzer6 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:00 pm

When I play Journey, my HDTV switches to 480. I have an older HDTV that only supports 1080i, and uses component instead of HDMI.

The game looks really bad in 480. In part from the lower resolution, but also because my TV is not calibrated in 480 mode.

Should this game run in 1080i like most other PS3 games I play?

Thanks! Great game even in low resolution with bad color and blurry picture.
yazzer6

Re: low resolution

Postby Amish_Gramish » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:13 am

yazzer6 wrote:When I play Journey, my HDTV switches to 480. I have an older HDTV that only supports 1080i, and uses component instead of HDMI.

The game looks really bad in 480. In part from the lower resolution, but also because my TV is not calibrated in 480 mode.

Should this game run in 1080i like most other PS3 games I play?

Thanks! Great game even in low resolution with bad color and blurry picture.

Journey runs in 720p, so you can only play it in HD on TVs that support 720p. Sucks, yeah, but it doesn't affect very many people, because TVs that only had 1080i weren't sold for very long.

Hopefully you can get a new TV soon to see Journey in all its glory!
Amish_Gramish
Community Manager

Postby Kjartan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:39 am

fayenatic wrote:In the Bridge/Threshold level, there's a spot where I am able to go "behind the wall" where the rock walls and sandfalls are. it's in the back of the level where the symbol that is on top of the sand-falls is. when i stand near the edge of the sandfall and rock, i slip through the sand and land behind the rockwalls. i can see the room where the glyph is, but i can not walk back through to the correct side of the wall. then i tried to fly in the direction where i came from, and i was able to get out through the same area i fell in. if i wasnt a white cloak i would definitely have been stuck. i wasnt sure if it was just a 1-time bug, so i tried again and it still happened. here's some pics:

the area of the sandfall where my character falls through

being on the other side of the wall

walking around behind the wall

I was making my call sounds and confusing a couple other players

Have some of these bugs been fixed already for various regions? Cause in my EU version of Journey I cannot find this bug. It simply will not let me fall... I hear this is a nice way to exit the level and explore other areas of the level (like the other bridge areas you see in the distance). If this bug has been fixed in the EU version, please unfix it :D
Kjartan

PreviousNext

Return to Journey