Finally played Cloud!

Due to the freezing of the old forum of our former student game Cloud. This section is devoted to the Cloud lovers and new comers.

Finally played Cloud!

Postby ShiraCheshire » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:10 am

I'm sure no one ever will read this, but I thought I might write about it anyway.

I finally played Cloud! I wanted to a long time ago, but my old computer couldn't run it. The camera was zooming in and out and turning every direction for no reason and the controls didn't work right, so it was pretty much unplayable. I decided to give it a try on my new computer, even though a newer computer is even less likely to be able to run the game. To my surprise, it worked almost perfectly! I still had one random crash loading a level, but a second attempt worked fine.

It was fun. It may have tried a bit too much to be artsy at times, and even working controls gave my hands a cramp from holding the mouse button constantly, but I enjoyed it. It was a nice, relaxing escape. I particularly liked how the clouds were bad in level three, but necessary in level four. I felt like I 'befriended' them somehow, after beating them in level three.

I wouldn't recommend Cloud to anyone who's not already a big TGC fan, it feels pretty dated. Still, for anyone who enjoyed Flower Flow and Journey, it's very much worth a try. Perfect for a nice calm day, or a rainy afternoon.
ShiraCheshire
Legend

Re: Finally played Cloud!

Postby Amish_Gramish » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:45 pm

Yeah, the main problem, aside from computer compatibility, is that Cloud requires a mouse and a scrolling wheel. It's completely unplayable if you don't have one.
Amish_Gramish
Former Community Manager

Return to Cloud