The Other Journey event

Discussions on our third PS3 game, Journey. What do you think of our latest game?

Re: The Other Journey event

Postby Aquari » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:56 am

Astal wrote:With all due respect, Leo, I'll be honest, it doesn't look to me like the main issue here is that HanSolo shared one of Belana's videos. And even if it were, Belana is old enough to protect and defend herself.

Using sarcasm and overly sophisticated words to humiliate others is a skill I'm all too familiar with. If those two have a problem that started out of our sight, then it should remain out of our sight.

Being pissed off by whatever real-life or virtual-life circumstances doesn't give us the right to lash out on and disrespect anyone in such fashion, or at least not in public. Like Aquari, I do not see any disrespect from HanSolo towards Gilorien in his post (the link is another issue, and HanSolo should definitely stop disrespecting Belana's request), and that reply really appalled me. I deal with enough snappy individuals everyday to be willing to witness similar reactions on this forum.

Before I walk out of this place for whoever knows how long again, I will just friendly remind whoever might feel concerned that just because there is a screen between the others and yourself doesn't mean that you are entitled to hurt them with your words.

I do agree with you Astal, whole heartedly. I do think I see what you are trying to say.

Please consider before you post even in a negative emotion, just be aware what you are saying to someone else as it can hurt.

A good example… I haven't seen a good friend around here in a while now. I checked to see when they last visited, and the same date, was the date of the last post they also made, in a conversation where there was also some hostility and tone I don't feel was necessary.

So they haven't come back since *Sadquari* and I hate seeing that happen to people.

"Keep the Journeys you've taken in mind, and whenever you feel the urge, return to the game. Otherwise, just don't forget. Playing Journey or not, you'll always be a Journeyer." ~ ShiraCheshire
Aquari
Hardcore Fan

Postby Astal » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:56 pm

xoIncognitoLeo wrote:Before you walk out of this place for whoever knows how long again, let me speak for a bunch of us in saying we're glad when you come back.

This always means a lot coming from you, Leo. Thank you. <3
+ Tonton_Hazuki, one2believe, Auriaslayer, ASGeek2012, mimor, AreTeeMiss, Zerathine, HellyKitto
Astal
Hardcore Fan

Postby Klowny » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:04 pm

Astal wrote:This always means a lot coming from you, Leo. Thank you. <3

My Reddie has been inhabiting the Tower for 3 solid days with no sign of an Astal. :(
PS3 Journeys: 1536
| River_in_Time 1988-2015 | PS4 Journeys: W-13 R-40
Klowny
Legend

Postby GoddessDancer » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:19 am

(Steps in for half a minute with Positive Energy and Happy Words....)

:mrgreen:

You Might Be Best Friends One Year,
Pretty Good Friends The Next Year,
Don't Talk That Often The Next Year,
And Don't Want To Talk At All The Year After That;
So I Just Want To Say:
Even If I Never Talk To You Again In My Life,
You Are Special To Me
And You Have Made A Difference In My Life.
I Look Up To You,
Respect You And Truly Cherish You.
Send This To All Your Friends,
No Matter How Often You Talk.
Or How Close You Are.
And Send It To The Person Who Sent It To You,
Let Old Friends Know You Haven't Forgotten Them.
And Tell New Friends You Never Will,
Remember, Everyone Needs a Friend.
Someday You Might Feel Like
You Have No Friends At All,
Just Remember This...
And Take Comfort In Knowing...
Somebody Out There Cares About You And Always Will.
~ * ~ G od d e s s D a n c e r ~ * ~ (^^)

GoddessDancer

Location: In The Sunset Skies, Chasing The Sunrise... Waiting For You To Join Me...

Postby gilorien » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:59 am

gilorien
Hardcore Fan

Postby DDRKirby(ISQ) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:26 pm

About to hop on, but will probably be a bit late! >_<

Edit: I'm going to aim for x:45 if anyone wants to join me :)

About to step off, wearing full WC and will be faceplanting!

Edit: found another WC, off we go!
DDRKirby(ISQ)

Postby raisin » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:58 am

Thanks to ChanceTotem for a great bridge-to-light encounter at yesterday's event. Gorgeous coasting in the PD; chargeless wall boosting and a brilliant beam down at the Rest Stop; WM harassing in the UG; boosting and goo plummeting in the Tower; more boosting in the Snow over the WM field entrance wall and a very silly death march; and always my favourite, twirly carpets in Paradise; hearts, stars, silly walks to the light.

A real pleasure, ChanceTotem. Hope to meet you again soon.
Image + troggy (again) + stoicmom (again) + one2believe (again)
raisin
Hardcore Fan

Postby DDRKirby(ISQ) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:19 pm

About to hop on, if anyone is partaking this week. :)
DDRKirby(ISQ)

Postby raisin » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:27 am

Thanks to DDRKirby(ISQ) for a sadly-interrupted funfest last night.

We started with a comedy of misunderstandings at BB. We were flying up and down the sand cliff into and out of the glitch so many times, trying to end up in the same place as each other. :oops: :lol: Even when we both got in we seemed to keep falling into things. Finally it seemed best to dive into the transition and move on!

PD saw some lovely coasting and boosting from the broken bridge. I liked the way you flew round the back of the shrine tower to collect the symbol rather than go the easy way. I've never seen that done before, so had to follow you.

We entered the SC glitch and climbed to the top of the sparkly sand cliff. Unfortunately I don't trust myself not to get dragged into the sunset corridor wind trap, so once into the ruins I led us on a coast back down to the back of the shrine, from which we climbed back up to the start of the level. It seemed harder work than normal - I may have gone wrong somewhere, but thanks for sticking with it. We went back into mainstage just below the rest stop and I enjoyed the lovely quiet slide back down to the bottom.

In the UG we triggered the active stuck WM and then headed back to it through the glitch. I enjoyed bouncing of it and this time I managed to avoid bouncing into its headlights and getting munched. Being a bit of an UG 'one-trick pony' I demonstrated the scaredy WM - I hope you saw that. Lovely coasting back to the shrine from there, and thanks for visiting Garry and Larry with me before moving on - I always respect anyone who makes time for that.

Dry Tower climb went well, and unusually the CB from the whale room entrance worked well for both of us, and we both flew high above the shrine. Triggering the goo and then doing a meditation plummet is always one of my favourite things.

In the Snow we boosted from the intermediate entrance ledge up to the wall at the start of the WM field - I'm not sure there's much to do once you get there, but I've only just discovered that CB spot and like to practice it. Back into the glitch proper, we played with the dormant WM and then climbed up to the DM field. This is where I got it horribly wrong, I knew there was danger there, but have never found the blackness before - I should have realised when the walk went on and on, and particularly when our Journeyers suddenly speeded up. I managed to get out of the blackness and could see you not far away, but with the sound gone I couldn't call to you. Sorry :oops: .

We both restarted the level but both connected with reddies, so that was it. No walk into the light together :cry: :cry: :cry: .

It was a great meeting. Let's do it again! Love and apologies. Raisin.
raisin
Hardcore Fan

Postby DDRKirby(ISQ) » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:58 pm

My 10th Journey...

Thank you so much, raisin! It was a great time; it's been a while since I've Journeyed with a nice companion so I enjoyed our experience together all the more...

I'm actually super glad that you thought of the BB mishaps as "comedy"--the whole time I was just worried that you would be shaking your head at my clumsy self and wondering what the heck I was doing! :lol: I'm really, truly still getting my wings with all this fancy flying stuff, so I actually have no idea what's the proper way to chargeboost over the windwall into the glitch, hence my having trouble reaching you up there. So I gave up and used the easier "headbonk" entrance in the rocks, and walked up, but...by the time I was up there, you were back down again, presumably looking for me. Whoops! ^^;

The coasting in PD was lovely, this is actually my first time ever to have coasted with somebody, so I was thrilled!!! Though...throughout our Journey there were many times we were tandem flying and I was a bit too far from your chirps, lost scarf energy, and ended up plummeting to the ground...>_<; sorry about that! If I remember correctly, PD was also where we had the first of our "wiggle walks" :lol: Ooh, and--for the symbol that appears from the shooting star, I managed to sit right on top of it before it appeared! :D It's fun how you don't collect it until you un-sit. ^^;

Thank you for taking the lead and showing me through the glitches! I know how to get into some of them and I've definitely been taken through them before, but I still don't really have any of them mapped out at all and don't know my way around all the sights and perils, so I'm really glad you were there to point everything out.

At SC I always make a point to try a flier-assisted dive boost at the rest stop, I know it's possible to get up pretty high (to the invisible ledge, maybe?) but I'm no good at it yet...as I said, still learning! I knew about the charge spot on the right hand wall but didn't actually know that there's an invisible ledge on the upper right (I only know of the other one on the left, I think?), and to think you can charge-boost from there too! Thanks for showing me that, I'll see if I can remember the spot next time. This is my second time in the SC glitch, I think the sights in there are super fascinating and cool, just...the shiny sand, skybox textures, the glitchy falling music clip, everything! Btw, at the second rest stop, I don't think you saw, but I think I did a zen-jump and landed past the threshold, so the music started playing but I was still just sitting there in the sand for a bit before I got up and hurriedly rushed forward to join you. ^^;

The UG WM glitches were awesome!! I've heard there are quite some things you can do to play around with them, but never seen any of them in person, so I thought the stuck WM and everything was the coolest thing ever (I was probably chirp chirp chirping away). ^^ He was so cute!

No idea that you could do a CB from the whale room, btw...so many new charge spots I learned on my run with you! The meditation plummet was amazing!! I actually had no idea what you were doing when you sat on that ledge; I just thought we were sitting and admiring the look of all the lights on the tower (I thought it was beautiful), when all of a sudden the water rushed up, and...ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! That was quite fun! :)

I'm glad I was able to make it up the snow glitch--I also didn't know you can fast fly against the windwall there getting up. This is only my second time getting up that way (someone else took me there via the symbol)...the first time I had a nightmare of a time trying to get up for some reason. I also had no comprehension of what the purpose of going back to the start of the level is, but I assume since you did it as well it's a requirement for being able to get up there. Seeing the lantern room from the other side was cool, that's my favorite place in the entire game, so it was nice seeing it from another view! And the WM up there was beautiful--I actually was flying straight up and down using one hand as I tried to snap some (grainy) photos with my phone. ^^;

The death march was an *insane* experience. The previous time someone brought me into the snow glitch we got suddenly dumped out somewhere into the DM "proper", with lightning and wind and all, which was cool, but this time with you was completely different...we marched toward the mountain in quiet calm, with no scary music, no crackling lightning, and our scarves still intact if I recall correctly. It was quite an experience for me--such a contrast from the usual march of terror. Forgive me for being cheesy, but it almost felt like transcendence, in a way...marching toward the mountain without any turmoil or noise. Then the music started, and with it the storm and lightning. We walked for quite some time, and yet the mountain was still in clear sight. I felt like I was closer to reaching it than I ever was before...part of me even foolishly wondered if we would make it. But the storm still raged on...there was no stop, no death, and I didn't know what to expect. When I saw the blackness, I felt as if the storm had finally won over us, with an obstacle even scarier than all the rest. I tried to do as I had read--double back immediately, keep moving backwards, and don't touch the camera, but alas, I was still trapped. The edges of my screen were white, and when you tried to chirp I briefly saw your glow. I tried to navigate myself toward the direction of your voice, but...I was lost.

Don't worry about losing me there. I actually...felt like it was quite the experience, finally being sucked into the darkness. :lol: Though of course I was tearful that I wasn't able to head to paradise with you. I can only imagine how much we would twirl and play with our scarves there. I checked the forums to see if I could find out who I had been separated with, and then just quit and quickly tried to get through the snow level (in the normal way) to see my CMATW screen. I had to slow down though, since I met a reddie and didn't want to just speed away without him. Poor thing...he got hit by a WM twice! >_< (part of me wondered at first whether he did it intentionally!)

So you don't have to apologize, not at all. You were wonderful, and I thank you for all the things you showed me, all the fun we had, the faceplanting, wiggle walking, scarf chasing, and everything. ^.^ Hope to walk into the light with you someday.
DDRKirby(ISQ)

Postby alexdolly » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:09 am

DDRKirby(ISQ) wrote:...the first time I had a nightmare of a time trying to get up for some reason. I also had no comprehension of what the purpose of going back to the start of the level is, but I assume since you did it as well it's a requirement for being able to get up there...

When you start the level, you hit a frost trigger and can't make it up to the glitch entrance with a frosty scarf. Going back through the gate puts you in a "warm" spot, and your frostiness goes away. Then you can fly up, as long as you stay close to the wall.
alexdolly

Postby raisin » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:11 am

DDRKirby(ISQ) wrote:I knew about the charge spot on the right hand wall but didn't actually know that there's an invisible ledge on the upper right

The one I went to isn't an invisible ledge - it's like a turret up high. Just dive into it to CB. There is an invisible ledge up there I think, but I've never found it. I aborted the 2nd CB 'cos I realised halfway up that I might get too far away from you and disconnect.

DDRKirby(ISQ) wrote:Btw, at the second rest stop, I don't think you saw, but I think I did a zen-jump and landed past the threshold, so the music started playing but I was still just sitting there in the sand for a bit before I got up and hurriedly rushed forward to join you. ^^;

You can actually stop anywhere on the slide. Just press 'Start' and when you come back you'll be meditating.

DDRKirby(ISQ) wrote: The meditation plummet was amazing!!

The first time someone showed me that I went into a complete chirp-frenzy!

DDRKirby(ISQ) wrote:snow glitch-- I also had no comprehension of what the purpose of going back to the start of the level is, but I assume since you did it as well it's a requirement for being able to get up there.

As soon as you exit the hallway your scarf starts to freeze, so if you miss the climb, just go back in and you'll unfreeze.

DDRKirby(ISQ) wrote:The death march was an *insane* experience. The previous time someone brought me into the snow glitch we got suddenly dumped out somewhere into the DM "proper", with lightning and wind and all

That's what I was aiming for - I missed. :oops:

DDRKirby(ISQ) wrote:Hope to walk into the light with you someday.

+1
raisin
Hardcore Fan

Postby raisin » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:03 pm

Planning to step into this one and hoping for the FFME.
raisin
Hardcore Fan

Postby raisin » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:29 pm

raisin wrote:Planning to step into this one and hoping for the FFME.

Didn't catch anyone but am on the UK entrance ledge till xx. 45 if anyone wants company.
raisin
Hardcore Fan

Postby raisin » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:26 pm

Not a good Event for me so far but am on the ledge over the UG entrance till xx. 40 if anyone wants company.
raisin
Hardcore Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Journey