Journey: The PSN Community event

Discussions on our third PS3 game, Journey. What do you think of our latest game?

Journey: The PSN Community event

Postby BBurgSteve » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:13 am

GrayGargoyle over at the Official PSN forums is proposing a 'Community Event' scheduled for Wednesday evenings (7:30EDT/4:30PDT). Be prepared for an inundation of new Journeyers this evening (and every Wednesday evening) if it takes off. I'm onboard with it and considering deleting my current game file and starting over for it...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/ ... #U37519827
PSN ID: BBurgSteve
PSN Forums: BBurgSteve | Playstation MVP
BBurgSteve

Re: Journey: The PSN Community event

Postby ShiraCheshire » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:16 am

This makes me so happy. I am so doing this every Wednesday until the end of time. And I'll take a picture every time, just for the memory. I hope others feel the same way. I feel like the last person to come to the Journey party, I never got to be around during the huge rush of players when the game first came out. If this works, I will have no shortage of people to play with. Perfect for the dramatic waiting game, too. We could even all work out a community event code. Maybe short-long-short-long chirp to mean "I'm here for the event!" This is so exciting, let's all spread the word!
Signature by Byzantyan!
ShiraCheshire
Legend

Postby Klowny » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:17 pm

Are they recommending starting fresh with an unmarked Red Cloak?

Ah, I remember those first few days of the early release fondly - when encountering a White Cloak verged on the Miraculous! :mrgreen:
Klowny
Legend

Postby BBurgSteve » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:31 pm

Nobody is recommending starting over, but as I recall, I never saw a white cloak until I had 5 or 6 Journeys under my scarf (but then again, my first few Journeys were shortly after the game was released).

I might just restart fresh to have a better chance of being paired up with a Jr Journeyer.
BBurgSteve

Postby Klowny » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:37 pm

I don't know. I've been paired with a lot of "Jr. Journeyers" of late, despite my White Cloak.
Klowny
Legend

Postby ShiraCheshire » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:21 pm

Almost time now :D
I am so ready for this. Already sitting on the shrine at the broken bridge, waiting. Have everything activated, hope I run into another event person when I connect.
Signature by Byzantyan!
ShiraCheshire
Legend

Postby BBurgSteve » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:58 pm

I just finished the Broken Bridge level with a glitch hunter... just followed him from the glitch at the back all the way around to the entrance. I think he left me, though, after I fell back into the 'real world'
BBurgSteve

Postby ShiraCheshire » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:13 pm

Just finished my Journey. I think I ran into a non-event person by accident... 4th time red cloak. They didn't seem too impressed by my shrine sitting. Or faceplanting. Or fast flying. Or anything, really. He ran ahead and got attacked by the war machines twice. The war machine stopped looking at the ground after that, does it always stop patrolling after you've been hit enough?
I have a picture of our journey, but it's on an SD card. And guess who found out their computer doesn't have an SD card slot today? I'll just edit in the pic later, after I find something that can read the SD card.
Looking forward to next Wednesday, hope there's more people attending next time.
Signature by Byzantyan!
ShiraCheshire
Legend

Postby BBurgSteve » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:48 pm

After I left the Broken Bridge, I picked up a companion for about two minutes in the pink desert, but ended up finishing it alone, as they either disconnected or just got lost (I turned around and they were gone).

Sunken City was more of the same... had one red cloak companion for the first slalom, a white cloak in the intermission portion was waiting for me at the start of the 2nd slalom and I continued with them through the underground level, but lost them at the final descent toward the shrine (I speed flew up and over the war machines and ended up next to the gate to the temple.

During my attempt to reach the Whale room before a companion could start activating glyphs in the Temple, I looked down from the third or fourth level and noticed another white cloak below me doing the exact same thing I was doing (ascending without activating). I misjudged the jump from the center tower to the whale room and had to start my ascent all over. Eventually, my companion got tired of waiting, apparently, and left. So I finished yet another level alone after waiting a couple of minutes at the shrine to see if there was anyone behind me.

I trudged through most of the snow level alone, until I reached the final stormy ascent and a (I'm guessing about) 3rd Journey Red (I never got a clear look at their cloak, but it didn't have a lot of embroidery) just popped into existence at the doorway. I lost them momentarily in Paradise, but after waiting a few seconds at the end, they ended up joining me and we finished the Journey side by side.

Companions for my "PSN Community Event" Journey: Summonight / DrGibbles / bluecamel96 / briandv312 / smcneal24 / Rikin

And probably none of them were here for the event. Ah well. Maybe next week.
BBurgSteve

Postby Klowny » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:44 pm

ShiraCheshire wrote:Just finished my Journey. I think I ran into a non-event person by accident... 4th time red cloak. They didn't seem too impressed by my shrine sitting. Or faceplanting. Or fast flying. Or anything, really. He ran ahead and got attacked by the war machines twice. The war machine stopped looking at the ground after that, does it always stop patrolling after you've been hit enough?
I have a picture of our journey, but it's on an SD card. And guess who found out their computer doesn't have an SD card slot today? I'll just edit in the pic later, after I find something that can read the SD card.
Looking forward to next Wednesday, hope there's more people attending next time.

I read your post earlier about sitting on the Shrine with the Bridge activated and being raring to go.

I was in the glitch at the time (7:27 Eastern time), and rushed out to activate my Bridge too and try to connect with you. No dice though.

I had a pretty good Journey with a White Cloak I met in the Bridge glitch. tried to teach him to Boost but he wasn't getting it. He kept flying at the walls but wasn't applying any right stick down.

He was a fairly competent flyer but seemed unaware of fast-flying altogether.

We died on the Mountain together after exiting the Snowy glitch, but we didn't meet in Paradise afterward. I hate when that happens. I wanted to bring him up to the top of Jenova Peak.

-----

In the Underground, when I was showing him the Slumbering War Machine, I got spotted for a change of pace. But I'm a stoic sort. No scrambling hither and thither trying to avoid the inevitable for me. I just stood my ground and took it like a man... in a skirt with no arms. :D
Klowny
Legend

Postby ShiraCheshire » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:15 pm

I read your post earlier about sitting on the Shrine with the Bridge activated and being raring to go.

I was in the glitch at the time (7:27 Eastern time), and rushed out to activate my Bridge too and try to connect with you. No dice though.

Really? Wow, I feel important now! Even though we didn't meet, I'm honored that you (epic hardcore fan) tried to meet up with me (who can't even sandfall boost, not if my life depended on it.)

In the Underground, when I was showing him the Slumbering War Machine, I got spotted for a change of pace. But I'm a stoic sort. No scrambling hither and thither trying to avoid the inevitable for me. I just stood my ground and took it like a man... in a skirt with no arms. :D

I am now imagining an armless old spice guy in a skirt standing his ground against a war machine.
I was spotted when trying to save the flock of flyers yesterday, and was going to stand there calmly. Then my companion rushed over and got hit with me so I wouldn't have to do it alone. That was amazing.
Signature by Byzantyan!
ShiraCheshire
Legend

Postby Amish_Gramish » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:11 am

This is awesome!

Hopefully this'll make me play some more video games. :)
Amish_Gramish
Community Manager

Postby BBurgSteve » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:23 am

Amish_Gramish wrote:This is awesome!

Hopefully this'll make me play some more video games. :)

Well, week one didn't go off very well, but it had just been proposed earlier that same day. Hopefully, we get more activity in the next few weeks.

Sadly, the Journey space on the official PSN forums is pretty much dead. I haven't logged into Home in probably a year, so I have no idea how the TGC/Journey space there is faring.
BBurgSteve

Postby Klowny » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:26 am

I can find inept Journeyers on my own. Making an appointment seems redundant. Image
Klowny
Legend

Postby BBurgSteve » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:30 am

Klowny wrote:I can find inept Journeyers on my own. Making an appointment seems redundant. Image

You just nearly made me spit Dr Pepper on my MacBook. I needed a good laugh today. Thanks for that. :P
BBurgSteve

Next

Return to Journey