How visuals were made in Flow?

Discussion regarding our first commercial release, flOw PS3, PSP, PS4, PS Vita, and the old Flash/PC version.

How visuals were made in Flow?

Postby Paraph » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:08 pm

Hi everyone,

This may not be the right place for this post- but it seemed fitting **edit** I take that back. it would be nice to move this to the education forum. maybe.

I'm learning how to create art for a game I'm trying to visualize, but can't seem to find any information on how to make it (abstract graphics, like "light" ). there's something I may not be aware of hence the poor search results.

Flow had interesting art so i am wondering how the visuals were made for the organisms. Someone guessed math vectors were used, which I'm not familiar with. It sounds like code & pixels as opposed to digital art & animation.

After realizing that I need to take CG more seriously. any advice on how to learn how to make computer graphics?

Thanks in advance.
Paraph

Re: How visuals were made in Flow?

Postby Amish_Gramish » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:01 pm

We didn't know which version you were talking about, but here's some information on both PS3 and PC versions:
The PC version of flOw's visual is made with vector art mixed with procedural logic via Flash. But PS3 version of flOw is made with polygonal models and skeleton animation.

Does this help you out?
Amish_Gramish
Community Manager

Return to flOw